Our ability to serve this market is assisted by our local presence, enabling Duff & Phelps to undertake any type of appraisal assignments in China, including statutory valuations.
Duff & Phelps’ Valuation Capability in China
Duff & Phelps is committed to support companies with interests in China, and our ability to serve this market is assisted by our local presence through an affiliation with the Chinese valuation firm DP International Appraisal Limited (DIAL), enabling Duff & Phelps to undertake any type of appraisal assignments in China, including statutory valuations.
Statutory Valuation & Securities Valuation License
Certain corporate activities such as asset / equity transfer by Chinese entities require the support of an independent valuation report to be filed with the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC) and / or other governmental authorities (Statutory Valuation). In addition, only a limited number of domestic valuation firms (including DIAL) are authorized by both the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRS) to value assets of domestically listed companies and “financial assets” including options and derivatives (Securities Valuation License).
Established in 1988, DIAL (formerly Shenzhen Assets Valuation Firm):
- First independent professional valuation firm formed in China, and amongst the first group of valuation firms in China to be granted a Securities Valuation License
- 40+ professional valuers, offer a comprehensive range of services including valuation of business enterprise, intangible assets, property and land use right and machinery & equipment
- Advises a range of companies in China including foreign multi-national corporations, Chinese listed companies and both state-owned and private enterprises on M&A, company restructuring, and Sino-foreign joint ventures activities
- Comprehensive experience in diverse industry sectors including energy, oil & gas, infrastructure, financial institutions and telecom
One-Stop Comprehensive Valuation Services
The partnership with DIAL allow us to provide foreign investors with “one-stop” services capable of issuing valuation reports that satisfy both international compliance and Chinese statutory requirements covering a wide range of purposes including:
- Acquisition of Chinese assets or businesses
- Establishment of JV with Chinese counterpart
- Tax filing in China
- Transactions involving State-owned Enterprise
- Non-cash capital registration as capital contribution to company
- China domestic IPO preparation
- Mergers and acquisitions involving China domestic listed company
- Litigation reference in China
- Compensation reference for non-cash assets disposal, relocation, re-possession by Chinese Government
- Financial reporting according to China Enterprise Accounting Standards